Translate

Friday 9 August 2013

Why I believe in God?


We all question our faith at some point or another. We say is there really a God or do we believing in God for fear that there is no afterlife if there is no God? We may dwell on the subject for a minute, a day sometimes even months. Most of us however come to the conclusion that there is a God other feel there isn't. However in times of difficulty most of us turn to God for Guidance and a solution to the problem we are facing. "A wise man will hear and increase learning, and a man of understanding will attain wise counsel" Proverbs 1:5

From the above bible quote I believe that one has to read the bible themselves and decide whether or not they believe in God. I believe that God gives us the choice to believe and in my opinion it is better to believe in God and accept Jesus Christ as our lord and saviour than to be Godless and live by the rules of this broken world. Many people can try force you to come to church, to read the bible and accept Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour but unless you do it on your own the choice will not your but somebody else's. You will never truly know what its like to have the holy spirit inside of you or what it is really like to have Jesus in your life.

To conclude I'd like to quote one of my favourite bible quotes " The lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake." Psalm 23
From this I take one thing and that is you need to have faith in God and faith that God will guide you in the right direction in your life. I also feel that everything in life happens for a reason and we must make the best of any situation that we may find ourselves in. "Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase." Martin Luther King Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment